Dr. Mingxu You
Dr. Mingxu You is the principal investigator of the lab. He joined the University of Massachusetts at Amherst as an Assistant Professor of Chemistry in September 2016. He is now also a faculty member of Institute for Applied Life Sciences, Chemistry-Biology Interface Program, Molecular & Cellular Biology Graduate Program, Center for Biological Physics, Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences, and Center for Autonomous Materials at UMass.
Mingxu grew up in Heilongjiang, China. He received his B.S. degree in Chemistry from Peking University in 2008, and his Ph.D. degree in Chemistry from the University of Florida in 2012. During his doctoral study under the direction of Prof. Weihong Tan, Mingxu focused on developing DNA-based devices for cancer diagnosis, targeted drug delivery, and cell membrane biophysical studies. Prior to join UMass, he pursued his postdoctoral research with Prof. Samie R. Jaffery at Weill Medical College of Cornell University, interested in developing RNA-based fluorescent sensors for imaging metabolites and signaling molecules in live cells.
Dr. You has co-authored over 60 journal articles and 2 book chapters. Most of his work has been published in top journals including Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Chemistry, PNAS, JACS, Angewandte Chemie, Nano Lett, ACS Nano, Anal Chem, and Chem Sci. His work has been highly recognized with over 3500 citations. In addition, he has given over 20 invited seminars in top universities and research institutes in the U.S. and China.
Office: 867 LGRT, University of Massachusetts, 710 N. Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA 01003; Email: email@example.com
- 2019 NIH Maximizing Investigators’ Research Award (MIRA)
- 2019 Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow
- 2019 NSF CAREER Award
- 2019 Analytical Methods, Emerging Investigator
- 2019 Supramolecular Chemistry, Emerging Supramolecular Chemist in North America
- 2013 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Students Abroad
- 2012 Eastman Chemical Company Analytical Chemistry Fellowship
- 2012 Procter & Gamble Research Excellence Award
- 2012 ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Graduate Fellowship, Honorable Mention
- 2011 Bates & Laitinen Graduate Fellowship, University of Florida
- 2011 Crow Award for Excellence in Scientific Publication, University of Florida
- 2011 Oral Presentation Award, NanoFlorida 2011 Symposium, Miami, FL
- 2010 Crow Award for Excellence in Scientific Publication, University of Florida
- 2007 Guanghua Scholarship for Excellent Undergraduates, Peking University